Unlock climate finance
- Climate compatible development in Pakistan
- Expanding the Pilot Auction Facility (PAF)
- Evaluation of UK’s Carbon Market Finance Programme
- Sustainable Project Funding Tracker
- Scaling up climate finance through PPPs
- Preparing the Tunisian cement sector for scaled-up mitigation
- Connecting multilateral climate finance to mitigation projects
- CDM support to Masen for 160MW concentrated solar power plant
- Design of a results-based climate finance mechanism in Mexico
- Evaluating climate finance readiness for low carbon development
- Mitigation Momentum
- IDFC Green Finance Mapping
- Supporting the World Bank’s Transformative Carbon Asset Facility
- EIB Climate Action public consultation and climate strategy
- UNEP Inquiry Performance Measurement Framework
- IRENA Financial Navigator for renewable energy projects
- Towards a sustainable financial sector
Connect international climate finance to local needs
Trillions of dollars must be invested in a low-carbon future over the coming decades to limit global temperature rise to 1.5°C. International climate finance can help close the emissions gap, while enabling countries to develop sustainably in line with their national priorities. Ecofys connects international climate finance to local needs, to facilitate low-carbon implementation, particularly in developing countries. We work along the entire chain from funding source to the recipients.
Provide the tools
Our expertise on energy policy frameworks and instruments enables us to facilitate climate finance investments. Ecofys helps you to shape mitigation strategies and policies and mainstream-ing climate action. We have supported countries to organise stakeholder dialogues, develop Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), design Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) and devise green growth strategies. Ecofys designs financial instruments that target public support to reduce private investors’ risks. For example, we explored auctioning as an effective instrument for channelling climate finance to mitigation actions for the Pilot Auction Facility for Methane and Climate Change Mitigation. We can also help you to set out your climate strategy. We supported the European Investment Bank to review its climate-action lending, and draft a new strategy from existing initiatives. By working with us, you get an overview of the marketplace and the best solution for your situation.
Make it happen on the ground
Ecofys supports investors to prepare and implement bankable projects, and donors to identify investment opportunities. We enable the implementation of NDCs. As we have done for the German development bank KfW and the Bank of the Philippines, we identify, evaluate and implement investments in renewable energy and energy-efficiency projects. We helped the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) to develop a financial navigator, which guides renewable energy project developers to identify suitable funding sources. And we built an online tool to present financial and risk-mitigation instruments, along with current policy on energy efficiency and re-newable energy, for the Global Green Growth Institute.
Improve the impact of climate finance
Ecofys tracks and evaluates the impact of climate finance to drive improvement. We can zoom in at project, programme or policy level, or provide a snapshot of the global picture, to suit your needs. In Tunisia, we designed a detailed Measuring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) system for the building sector, covering emissions reductions, sustainable development benefits and financial flows. And we mapped the global climate finance flows of member banks of the International Development Finance Club (IDFC). Use our tracking and evaluation skills to get the insights you need.
Browse our featured projects to learn more, and let us know how we can help you overcome your climate finance challenges.