Integrated Energy Systems
- Energy plan Utrecht municipality
- Solar Forecasting & Smart Grids
- 2015 Energy Productivity and Economic Prosperity Index
- Distributed renewable energy market study China
- The Energy Report
- Operating Agent for the IEA-RETD Implementing Agreement
- Sustainable RDM and Heijplaat (Rotterdam)
- Sustainable Energy Strategy for Willamette University
Energy and emission scenarios can play a crucial role in gaining a better understanding of many issues related to energy supply and demand, as well as environmental issues such as climate change. Our comprehensive scenario skills will help you realise your ambitions by looking at the best combinations of energy sources and energy efficiency according to your needs.
Scenarios developed for the energy supply side can be used to gain insight into the characteristics of the future supply system and resulting greenhouse gas emissions. This makes it possible to assess potential problems related to the security of supply. Scenarios for the energy demand side can forecast different demand developments depending on the implementation speed and degree of energy efficiency and the diversification of fuels.
Scenarios based on a continuation of current trends (business as usual) can be contrasted with those that model the implementation of certain policies. This way, scenarios can play a useful role in policy evaluation and design. Scenarios are also a useful tool for understanding market potentials, e.g. in market assessments for renewable energy technologies or emission credits.
Ecofys has extensive experience in developing energy and emission scenarios. Our broad range of activities allows us to consider energy supply, demand and GHG emissions simultaneously. This provides an excellent basis for identifying the different implementation potentials and their costs.
In smart cities, all aspects of energy demand and supply have to be addressed at the same time: buildings, mobility, district energy systems and decentralised sustainable energy generation. At Ecofys, we know how to combine all these aspects into a solution that is truly smart and future-proof, making cities better places to live and work. We have a profound understanding of the energy demand of different city functions and behavioral aspects of energy use.
Our services include:
- Developing scenarios and forecast models for energy demand, energy supply and greenhouse gas emission scenarios at the global, national, regional and city level over a period of 10-50 years.
- Creating market assessments for emission allowances and credits under various assumptions.
- Assessing the market potential of certain technologies under various policy assumptions.
- Developing baseline scenarios for CDM/JI projects.