Design effective carbon pricing
- Carbon Pricing Unlocked
- State and Trends of Carbon Pricing
- Swiss ETS-Allocation Support
- Partnership for Market Readiness in Morocco
- Developing a pilot Emissions Trading Scheme in Tianjin
- The Fragmentation of Carbon Markets
- Design and implementation of Emissions Trading Systems in China
- Expanding the Pilot Auction Facility (PAF)
- Supporting the World Bank’s Transformative Carbon Asset Facility
- Preparing the Tunisian cement sector for scaled-up mitigation
- Evaluation of UK’s Carbon Market Finance Programme
- Towards a sustainable financial sector
- Benchmarking for the California Cap-and-Trade Program
- ETS training for Samsung
- Monitoring Reporting and Verification needs assessment
- EU ETS allocation support
- Allocation methodology for the European Commission
Stay on top of international carbon pricing developments
Whatever carbon pricing insights you need, talk to Ecofys. We have assisted the World Bank to write its annual flagship report State and Trends of Carbon Pricing for the past four years, and we are undertaking innovative research in this field. For example, we are examining the impacts of carbon pricing along the value chain for Al Gore’s Generation Foundation. Then there’s our hands-on experience of designing carbon pricing instruments around the world, and our involvement in capacity building. Ecofys has been actively involved in the voluntary carbon markets and in the project-based offset mechanisms established under the Kyoto protocol, such as the Clean Development Mechanism. Our expertise extends to upcoming mechanisms, such as Results-Based Financing and those referred to in Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. We will guide you through the maze of global carbon pricing approaches.
Enhancing design and operation of the EU ETS
Providing the foundation for our international carbon pricing work, Ecofys’ experts have advised the European Commission and other stakeholders on designing the European Union’s (EU) Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS), from its conception. In the run up to phase IV, Ecofys continues to provide independent analyses for multiple clients on the potential impacts of proposed design options. We have assessed carbon-leakage protection measures, the benchmark-based allocation, and the market-stability reserve. Draw on our wide-ranging expertise to answer any EU ETS related queries you may have.
Helping you make the most of carbon markets
Our carbon pricing activities are not limited to designing and evaluating policies. With our Carbon Complete Service, in line with the latest legal requirements, Ecofys offers you an all-inclusive, one-stop-package that guarantees compliance with all legal EU ETS obligations. Drawn from years of experience across a wide array of industries, our experts optimise compliance with the EU ETS for energy-intensive companies. By taking care of all the time-consuming and knowledge-intensive ETS obligations, Ecofys enables you to concentrate on your core business. Beyond the EU ETS, we support companies with internal carbon pricing strategies and advise on how to benefit from upcoming international carbon market mechanisms. Let us help you make the most of carbon pricing.