Senior Consultant Emission Trading Scheme
Published: 01 January 2013
Contact: Susan van Dalen
Ecofys has set up its office in Beijing to bring our expertise to the Chinese market. The Beijing office represents the breadth of services offered by our European offices in China and offers local expertise to our international group of clients. The upcoming emission trading pilots in China are an area of work where this combination of international and local expertise can add value for a variety of clients. As senior consultant, you will manage projects on emission trading in China for national and international clients. Together with the Chief Representative in China, you will explore business opportunities making optimal use of the international and local Chinese expertise available in the company. As senior consultant, you will have a sales target. You will generate these sales via leads coming from your in-depth knowledge of the market and your existing network.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- University education (preferably including courses on environmental economics) and at least 7 years of relevant professional experience including consultancy positions;
- Proven knowledge in the field of emission trading, both in China and internationally;
- Relevant network in China;
- Commercial skills and good business sense to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a competitive market place;
- Extensive project management, proposal writing and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written command of English. Knowledge of mandarin Chinese (native or proficient use) is strongly preferred for this position.
Working for Ecofys – Experts in energy
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 250 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. We offer you an attractive package of secondary employment benefits.
Intermediaries will not be appreciated.